What is a Class Parent Representative?
Also known as a Class Rep, CPR or Parent Rep, a Class Parent Representative is a parent, or parents, from a school class that promotes parent involvement in our school community and facilitates communication. As a parent representative you are a valued member of our school community and your time and commitment are very much appreciated.
Things you can do as a Class Rep
• Organise social events for the class
• Help the teacher compile and distribute the class list, events and on-going class and school communication
• Welcome new comers to the class
• Participate in feedback sessions on new ideas
• Provide valuable insights into the needs of the parent community within the class, grade and school
The CPR role is assisted by the Class Rep Facilitator. They will coordinate and share information with the Class Reps and support them in fulfilling their role. In addition, they provide the link to the school administration and P&C Executive.