Discos are held multiple times each year in the Multi-purpose Hall. Usually they have a theme and they will always be held to raise money for a particular cause or event. They are fully supervised events and students really enjoy them.
Here is a quick rundown of what you can expect.
- An early session for the Preps to Year 2 classes.
- A break of 30 minutes when a meal deal is served (usually sausage sizzle or some other basic food and a drink).
- A later session for the Year 3 to 6 students.
- There is a DJ, and often there is raffles, a photo booth, Glow Products stall and a bake stall.
- Tickets can be pre-purchased or at the door on the night (pre-purchased tickets are cheaper).
- Meal deals can be pre-purchased up until 3 days before the disco.
- Drinks can be purchased on the night.
- You need to make your way to the entry doors on the Ferguson Road side of the Multi-purpose hall.
- You will find two lines - one to mark off pre-purchased tickets, the other for people purchasing tickets on the night.
- Your child will be given a stamp on their hand or a ticket to indicate they should receive the pre-purchased meal deal.
- Please write your contact details on the class sheet inside the hall (grouped by class).
- Write any medical details on the class sheet and provide medication to the teachers.
- Take your child around to find the toilets, photo booth, where the meal will be served (no food or drinks are allowed inside the hall).
- Head off for a break for an hour or so, or stay on and enjoy the music. So the children don't have all the fun - you can often pick yourself up a treat from the home bake stall as you arrive or depart the disco.
- You must be in attendance for the meal deal for your child to be served food.
- The disco is fully supervised by our wonderful teachers and staff. If your child is at OSHC, the OSHC team will bring your child down to the disco if they are attending that Friday and you pre-arrange this with them. You must be at the disco to collect your child at 6:30pm - even if they are staying for the sausage sizzle.
- Discos are only for students of Camp Hill SIPS. We ask that all other siblings remain at home.
The following protocols apply to all discos at Camp Hill State Infants and Primary School.
- The disco is for currently enrolled Camp Hill State Infants and Primary Students.
- School grounds e.g. Oval, are out of bounds during the disco.
- Children must be signed in and a contact number given (and medical information if necessary).
- At the close of the disco, all children will be seated in the class groups in the hall.
- Children must be signed out by a parent before being collected from the hall.